So, you guys all know about the current craze for liquid matte lipsticks, right? Well, Milani have something similar called ‘The Amore Matte Lip Crème’ which is available in a whopping 33 colours. I got my hands on the shade Craze which cost £10 from the Beauty Bay Website. I quite simply purchased this because Desi Perkins looks amazing wearing this lippie on one of her Instagram photos…
Let’s begin with the packaging – It’s simple, sleek and sexy. The gold lid compliments the Milani brand and I feel that it gives class and a sense of luxury to such a super affordable brand. I love it! Another feature which I found appealing is the consistency in colour of the printed Milani logo on the packaging.
According to Milani, this product is a liquid to matte lip colour boasting sixteen hours of fade resistant wear. Amore Matte Lip Cream glides seamlessly along the contours of the lips for an intense full coverage colour. An innovatively designed flexible wand allows for easy application and touch ups for fuss and mess-free wear. A true velvety, non-sticky lip colour that boasts a long wearing, transfer resistant finish. It is also Vegan Friendly.
One swipe of this lip cream and I am on the fence. Why?
- The lipsticks creamy texture allows the product to glide effortlessly without any dragging
- The product gives an immense colour pay off
- It is long wearing
- Other than that I love it and feel that the product is worth £15
- Due to the fact that the product is Matte, it is extremely drying on the lips and I felt that any lines I have can be seen more than usual
- The product feels extremely uncomfortable on the lips and also when taking it off
- When drying from liquid to matte, if it is not applied evenly you can see streaks
- It is quite pricey considering being a drugstore brand (In comparison to other liquid lipsticks such as Sleek, NYX)
Have any of you tried this product? What are your thoughts?
Thank you for reading! If you have any post requests feel free to email them through 🙂
You can find me on INSTAGRAM HERE
Until my next post, keep warm