Makeup applicator sponges have become a hit phenomenon when it comes to applying makeup. There are many brands who offer beauty sponges however I have always remained loyal to The Original Beauty blender brand since purchasing my first ever sponge 2 – 3 years ago. For me personally, this hot pink miracle piece is a staple and has had a significant impact on the way I, along with many others including makeup artists, celebrities and bloggers apply makeup.
Today’s post will focus on sharing my knowledge and number 1 tip that I have acquired over the years to create the flawless base that we all aim for, by using this one of a kind egg shaped sponge. The sponge retails for £16.00 and can be purchased from websites such as Cultbeauty and BeautyBay.
According to The Original Beauty Blender (2017) these are the key features which differentiate the sponge amongst its rivals.
The company also claim the best way to use this product is as ‘easy as wet.squeeze.bounce’!
- Wet the beautyblender with water (it will expand to twice its size)
- Squeeze to expel liquid, using a towel if available
- Bounce the makeup and skincare across face for perfect application every time!
With the most part, I agree with their technique, however there are a few variations in my method of application.
- To be precise, the #1 tip I can give when wetting the Beauty Blender is to use warm water only, for me, this is essential. Over the years I have found when the sponge is warm this works wonders in achieving a flawless base as opposed to using cold water where my foundation looks a lot thicker on the skin and uneven. This is because the warmth melts the foundation and allows it to blend beautifully (which also means streak-free!), absorb on the skin giving an immaculate dewy coverage and finish.
- I have never used a towel or any other material to dry the blender
- Lastly, I pump the foundation straight on to the largest area of the Beauty Blender, dot that around my face so it is evenly distributed and then get right into ‘bouncing’ the sponge section by section on my face. I find that you do have to be patient with the blending process and really focus on certain areas such as your hairline and around the nose to ensure it is perfect.
Here is a comparison image using the beauty blender with warm water to apply my foundation (The Maybelline dream satin liquid – shade sun beige) against a snippet of my natural skin.
Overall I truly believe in this product and all the buzz surrounding it due to the following reasons:
- Creates a flawless air-brushed finish
- Easy to use
- It’s time efficient
- Easy to cleanse
- Travel friendly
What are some of your favourite methods / techniques to achieving a flawless foundation base? I’d love to know in the comments below.
-Speak Soon, Love JKBeautyTake ❤